Experienced software engineer based in Indiana, USA, actively looking for remote opportunities.
Stripe, Software Engineer
- January 2020-November 2022
- Connect Onboarding. Worked in the Connect organization, with a focus on Connect Onboarding.
- Ops/Reliability Team DRI. Pioneered a monitoring system for HTTP 400 errors, facilitating auto-alerts for new categories of user-facing incidents. After presenting this system's success in a tech talk, it was implemented across all of Stripe.
- Cross-Border Payout Expansion. Led cross-functional team, increasing the number of available payout countries from 53 to 95.
Avatria, Software Engineer
- June 2018-November 2019
- Conversion Optimization. Contributed to machine learning-based conversion rate optimization SaaS product.
- Statistical Analysis. Applied statistical analysis to determine confidence in model effectiveness, providing rigorous support for ROI numbers.
- Python, Java, MySQL, AWS, git, Spring Framework, Hibernate
Northwestern University, McNally Lab, Developer
- June 2016-May 2018
- Data Analysis. Developed solutions for research into genetic heart diseases.
- Publications. Co-authored two papers:
- "Genomic Context Differs Between Human Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy" PMID: 33764162
- "Pathogenic and Uncertain Genetic Variants Have Clinical Cardiac Correlates in Diverse Biobank Participants" PMID: 32009526
- Perl, bash, git
You can email me at "avery" at this domain, or connect with me on LinkedIn.